Recently interviewed Detox expert, Ann Shippy MD on our Facebook Live Show. What I learned may surprise you. First of all we shifted the concept from detoxing every now and then, to detoxing a little everyday with concentrated efforts a few times a year. Here are a few of the health hacks we discuss:
- How to Live a detox lifestyle
- Where toxins sneak in and what we can do about it
- Resources for Toxin free products
- Detox Tools
- Foods as therapy
- What Foods to Avoid
- Infared Saunas and their impact on detox My top Pick Here: Sauna Space for the Win!
Have you ever done a cleanse? I’ve tried everything out there, and honestly I felt terrible during a lot of them. Last week I talked to the expert in the cleanse and detox world, functional medicine physician Dr. Ann Shippy MD. I learned so much and want to share with a few bullet points. So here you go! Good news you don’t have to starve and feel terrible. In fact that is one of the myths I want to bust. You actually need proteins to help carry toxins out of your system. I’ll start out with a few cleansing tips, give you some resources and leave a link to my interview with Dr. Ann Shippy.
Getting Ready to Detox? Do these things:
2. Check your make up and household cleaners. You can verify clean products on http://www.ewg.org/
3. Get a high quality protein that is plant based, but not soy based.
4. Avoid GMO foods, dairy, gluten and non-organic produce.
5. Get Plugged in to the right Supplements. (See my facebook video on Glutathione) You’ll need nutrients and detoxifiers.
6. Epsom Salt Baths – on the regular.We are exposed to so many environmental toxins – on the daily! Including a regimen to get these out of our system is a must for any wellness warrior. Toxins are stored in our fat and once we rid ourselves of them, fat loss often follows.
2. Dr. Ann Shippy: https://annshippymd.com/
3.Intervew with Dr. Shippy on the Living a Detox Lifestyle
4. Consider Dry Brushing or Lymphatic Drainage Massage.I’ll be in your inbox soon with more detox resources. If you want to get a sneak peak on our latest program to up-level your health and take your game to the next level.